Effective contemporary leaders can handle ambiguity and uncertainty.
Our customised programs blend the following key adaptive leadership skills:
- strategic influencing
- strategic leadership
- critical self-reflection
- leader as coach
- leadership resilience
- values-based leadership
- building relationships
- performance review planning
- challenging conversations.
Bridges skilfully draws upon the research and teachings of leadership theorists in:
- adaptive leadership in complex work environments
- psychodynamic theory and systems thinking using the Tavistock work of Harold Bridges
- action research and action learning principles
- theory and practice of emotional intelligence and leadership resilience
- brain science and research into neuro-leadership.
Our coaches draw upon thousands of hours of coaching experience in a wide range of sectors and serve on coaching panels for some of Melbourne’s leading organisations.
Bridges coaching services are delivered to individuals and teams. We use a rigorous yet flexible model, which provides a framework for a variety of coaching needs, applying:
- GROW model is used to focus learning on clear and specific outcomes.
- Solution focused approach identifies motivations, empowers individuals to change and improves performance by focusing on solutions.
- Values-based coaching assesses values via specific behaviours and a map of current versus desired performance is explored before developing an action plan.
- Performance acceleration coaching, based on the work of Michael Watkins, re-evaluates the needs of the job and the fit of the incumbent.
- Action-based reflective methodology develops the individual’s ability to reflect and learn from their own experience and action.
“The most significant development experience is the realisation that the management style that I have had for well over 10 years has hindered my leadership and done my head in. Coming to this realisation felt like a child finally feeling comfortable with riding a bicycle and made me want to shout about my new found knowledge from the rooftops. Delegation and the support and development of staff is now more important than being the technical expert.” Executive manager, insurance company